6’3” – 298 lbs. – 5.15e
2010: 14 GP / 12 GS (LG)
2011: 13 GP / 13 GS (7 C, 6 LG)
2012: 12 GP / 12 GS (C)
Redshirted in 2009 before taking over the team’s starting left guard spot two games into the 2010 season and making twelve starts there. Started three games at left guard as a sophomore before transitioning to center for seven games and back to left guard for the final three, being named an All-Big 12 First Team selection by conference coaches. Started all twelve games at center as a junior in 2012 and has started each of Oklahoma’s games there this season as well.
• Extensive starting experience for a major college football program.
• Extremely intelligent; has received numerous All-Academic selections.
• Movement skills are impressive; no trouble getting to the second level.
• Has good awareness in both pass protection and as a run blocker.
• Possesses some of the best lateral agility in this year’s center class.
• Anchors pretty well in pass protection despite his size disadvantage.
• Efficient shotgun snapper with plenty of work in those situations.
• Also has some starting experience at offensive guard, enhancing value.
• Somewhat undersized for the NFL given the proliferation of nose tackles.
• Fails to create much push in the run game, more of a wall-off blocker.
• Ends up on the ground more often than you’d like, especially vs. the run.
• Needs to improve his ability to sustain blocks for prolonged periods.
• Does not have much of a killer instinct or aggressive on-field demeanor.
• Almost certainly restricted to zone-blocking schemes at the next level.
• Upside is probably constrained by his build and previous experience.
Intelligent, mobile center prospect who has four years of starting experience at one of the premier college football programs in the country. Overall lack of size, bulk, and strength will limit both his ceiling and the number of pro teams interested, but he has a certain appeal as a relatively known quantity in an unpredictable environment. RD 5