6’5” – 323 lbs. – 5.40e
2010: 12 GP / 5 GS (RG)
2011: 12 GP / 12 GS ( RG)
2012: 11 GP / 11 GS (RG)
Began his career as a reserve/rotational right guard, but eventually took over the starting job late in his freshman season, missing one start with an ankle injury. As a sophomore, reprised his role, starting every game. Started all but one game at right guard as a junior, missing that game with another ankle injury. On pace to conclude his career with 40 or more career starts.
• Has plenty of quality starting experience playing for an SEC program.
• Massive prospect with great size, bulk, and length for the position.
• Long arms help him get good extension from his man in pass protection.
• Possesses obvious natural strength and an impressive initial punch.
• Does a good job of sustaining his blocks, especially in the run game.
• Thick build translates to an effective anchor versus the bull rush.
• Plays with aggression and tries to finish blocks when possible.
• Overall awareness in pass protection is good, not many mental errors.
• Able to stay with his assignment on double moves and spins.
• Lumbering runner who will be limited to inline schemes as a pro.
• Doesn’t offer much in terms of getting blocks at the second level.
• Overextends too often in the run game, consequently bends at the waist.
• Needs to do a better job of keeping his feet moving on a consistent basis.
• Runs out of energy early in a play, although does have adequate burst.
• Minor durability questions after missing two games with ankle injuries.
• Has never played a position other than right guard during his career.
Because of his four years of starting experience playing right guard in Tennessee’s inline blocking scheme, the same position and scheme he’ll likely play in the pros, evaluators will have little difficulty projecting Fulton to the NFL. He’s certainly not the type of athlete who could realistically play on the outside or in for a team with a zone philosophy, but he’s an effective blocker in both facets of the game with great size and bulk for the position. RD 4-5