6’6” – 276 lbs. – 4.80e
2011: 41 – 537 – 6 (13.1)
2012: 69 – 852 – 7 (12.4)
Started ten games as a true freshman in 2011, playing in every contest and earning an honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection in the process. Production escalated as a sophomore, being named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team and being named one of three finalists for the John Mackey Award. In March, was arrested for DUI after crashing his car with a 0.18 blood alcohol level.
• Highly productive three-year starter at a major collegiate program.
• Massive tight end prospect with outstanding height, bulk, and length.
• Lines up all over the formation; inline, H-Back, slot, fullback, wide.
• Very soft hands; rarely squanders an opportunity to make a catch.
• Can maintain possession of the ball in traffic or while taking a hit.
• Catch radius is very impressive, makes plenty of acrobatic grabs.
• Uses his frame well to shield defenders from the ball on passing plays.
• Gets pretty good arm extension as a run blocker, fairly active feet.
• Has the anchor to handle power rushes when retained in pass protection.
• Coordinated player despite having an oversized build for the position.
• Size and bulk should make him a dangerous option in the red zone.
• Well-spoken, mature player who could assuage concerns about DUI.
• Certainly not one of the fastest or most explosive options in his class.
• May have some trouble separating from defenders at the next level.
• Versatility may be reined in a bit at the NFL level versus better athletes.
• Doesn’t necessarily get a ton of push in the run game despite his size.
• Consistently beat to the edge in pass protection versus speed rushers.
• Blocking technique needs plenty of work: falls off man, bends at waist.
• Was arrested for driving under the influence; will require investigation.
Seferian-Jenkins isn’t one of the most explosive tight end prospects in recent memory, but should easily find a place in the second round thanks to his size, hands, and body control. His blocking skills need significant refinement, but he possesses the physical tools to improve markedly in that regard. RD 2