6’1” – 189 lbs. – 4.45e
2011: 27 – 0.0 – 0.0, 1 FF
2012: 51 – 1.0 – 0.0, 3 FF, 5 PD, 2 BK
Appeared in a reserve/special teams capacity as a true freshman, then stepped into a starting role in 2012, starting twelve of thirteen contests, while maintaining his special-teams presence.
• Has an impressive combination of height and length for the position.
• Exhibits an aggressive on-field playing temperament, very high effort.
• Overall movement skills are impressive, fast with fluid movements.
• Capable of lining up in man coverage, sticking with receivers downfield.
• Willing run supporter, does a nice job of breaking down in the open.
• Special-teams contributor who has blocked three kicks in his career.
• Offers some additional value as a blitzer, nice initial burst on rushes.
• Has been worked into the offense as a wide receiver at Florida as well.
• Possesses considerable potential given his relative lack of repetitions.
• A little bit lanky, could stand to add a bit of additional weight/bulk.
• Struggled a bit as a junior, somewhat erratic week-to-week performance.
• Hasn’t focused entirely on cornerback in college, played some receiver.
• Gambles a little bit too frequently, has surrendered some deep throws.
• Gives up some separation on breaks, reaction times are not excellent.
• Not one of the most instinctive players, route recognition isn’t great.
• Suspended for the 2013 season opener for a violation of team rules.
Florida has done Purifoy a bit of a disservice by asking him to assume too many responsibilities in college, working him into the offense as a wide receiver in addition to his role as a starting cornerback, the deleterious effects of which manifest themselves in his disappointing instincts/pattern recognition. However, he possesses all of the physical tools to develop into an effective man-coverage cornerback, additionally offering quality run support and the ability to contribute on special teams. A boom-or-bust prospect who should nonetheless draw second-day interest from teams. RD 3