6’0” – 178 lbs. – 4.50e
2011: 22 – 0.5 – 0.0, 2 PD, 1 INT
2012: 23 – 1.0 – 1.0, 1 FF, 12 PD, 2 INT
Started the first ten games of his career but suffered a season-ending neck injury against South Carolina. Returned to start four of thirteen games as a sophomore.
• Possesses impressive height and length for a boundary cornerback.
• Movement skills allow him to assume man-coverage responsibilities.
• Routinely asked to play press-man, off-man, and shuffle techniques.
• Plays with a confident, physical, and aggressive on-field demeanor.
• Does a nice job of attacking passes at their highest point, solid ball skills.
• Good overall instincts/pattern recognition, usually in the in-phase.
• Impressive burst out of his breaks allows him to recover when beat.
• Capable of taking on blocks from receivers to make tackles in support.
• Has experience lining up both on the outside and as a slot cornerback.
• May have to gain some additional bulk, is listed at only 178 pounds.
• Wasn’t able to hold down a starting role as a sophomore in 2012.
• Willing run supporter but tends to dive at the legs more than wrap up.
• Doesn’t have the best hands, squanders some interception opportunities.
• Commits a few penalties downfield because of his physical style of play.
• Durability questions; has missed time due to knee and neck injuries.
• Was suspended for the South Carolina game for a violation of team rules.
Roberson has been overshadowed by Gators cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy, but the former is a far more polished prospect at this point who finds himself in position to make a play more frequently. His height, length, speed, physicality, and recognition skills are all above-average for a cornerback prospect, and he does a nice job of making plays on the ball, even he doesn’t come down with too many interceptions. He needs to clean up his tackling technique and answer some durability and character questions, but possesses starting potential and should go on the second day. RD 2-3